Thomson Safaris is looking for a motivated, hard-working, and organized individual to join our IT team. The position will be responsible for application administration, template/report/screen building in FileMaker Pro, liaising with other departments, and working as a key player on IT projects. The ideal candidate will be very organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently. They will be interested in learning new technologies and capable of adapting to a changing IT landscape.
- Assist in developing/programming/designing specific UX or data-manipulation Modules in our company databases (FileMaker and MySQL).
- Administration of marketing automation tools such as MailChimp, iContact, and Marketo
- Troubleshoot and fix computer problems related to FileMaker, PDF, printing, and other Windows operating system issues.
- Organize and maintain IT documentation
- Act as liaison between the IT team and other departments
- Assist in project management, leveraging organizational and communications skills to help keep projects on track
- Data scrubbing/cleanup and related tasks in our company databases.
- Experience with SQL queries and understand of relational database principles
- Experience administrating Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Excellent organizational, communication, and administrative skills
- Sound understanding of IT technologies
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to balance time between multiple ongoing projects with effective time management
- Developer or in-depth administrative experience with FileMaker Pro Advanced 12* or higher (FMPA 14 or 15 preferred); experience administrating FileMaker Server a plus.
- General knowledge of and some experience with API protocols and routines
- Some UI design experience
- Experience programming with MySQL, PHP, and Python a plus
Thomson Safaris is an adventure travel company based in Watertown, MA, offering high-end photographic safaris and Kilimanjaro treks in Tanzania. Operating exclusively in Tanzania for 35 years, we are dedicated to creating once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences for our guests. We value a fun, friendly, fast-paced environment, and we work hard for our clients, our company, and the communities in which we work and operate.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information, visit www.thomsonsafaris.com