Working at Thomson Safaris connects you to a powerful mission – to share Tanzania’s wildlife and culture with adventurous travelers. You will be part of something that you can be proud of: delivering authentic, enriching and often life-changing experiences to our guests, with awards from National Geographic, Travel and Leisure and more.
Our customer service department takes care of our guests from the moment they book a trip to the day they travel, providing comprehensive pre-departure support for guests, their families, and travel agents. From initial trip planning to arranging additional activities and coordinating services with colleagues in Tanzania, we make sure our guests are well supported and fully prepared for their trip.
- Preparation and mailing of trip preparation materials and information packets.
- Planning services and activities for guests, working with service providers in East Africa to ensure arrangements are made, obligations are fulfilled and expectations are exceeded.
- Answering trip preparation related questions for guests prior to their departure including (but not limited to) visas, packing, clothing and gear, international travel information, trip itineraries and general information on Tanzania.
- Process traveler information using database tools, processing payments, filing of trip documents.
- 1-2 years proven customer service experience
- Familiarity with MS Office, especially Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Finely tuned time-management and organizational skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude
- Willing and able to develop product knowledge, and ask for help when needed
- Professional, friendly and patient on the phone and via email
- Ability to handle clients who require excellent service and professionalism
- Passion for travel and the great outdoors
- Major in hospitality, business, or travel
- International travel experience
- Africa travel experience and/or high altitude trekking experience
Thomson Safaris is an adventure travel company based in Watertown, MA, offering high-end photographic safaris and Kilimanjaro treks in Tanzania. Operating exclusively in Tanzania for over 34 years, we are dedicated to creating once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences for our guests. We value a fun, friendly, fast-paced environment, and we work hard for our clients, our company, and the communities in which we work and operate.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no calls regarding this position.