Rick and Judi have always believed in treating employees with respect; it’s the right thing to do, and their fantastic staff passes that respect on to guests. Some of the ways that they act as ethical employers include:
- Hiring Locally: We were the first U.S.-based company to insist on Tanzanian head guides. Today, nearly all of the staff in Tanzania is Tanzanian-born.
- Fair Wages: Tanzanian employees - from porters, to serving staff, to mechanics, to head guides, to logistical coordinators - earn some of the highest wages in the industry.
- Unparalleled Benefits Programs: Full-time employees are eligible for excellent benefits, including healthcare, retirement funds, and loan packages.
- Advanced Training and Certifications: As a company, we’re always trying to improve, and Rick and Judi want all their employees to pursue excellence, too. Employees are offered professional workshops, life skills classes on pertinent health issues, advanced safety certification training, and more; the staff is always learning, and always growing.
- Cultural Exchange: Tanzania has always welcomed us with open arms, and we want to do the same in return! That’s why we offer four randomly-chosen Tanzanian staff members a two-week, all-expenses-paid trip to the US.