We know Tanzania. For over 30 years, we've focused exclusively on Tanzania. The reason is simple: we had no interest in spreading ourselves thin over multiple destinations. Instead, we wanted to put down roots, fully experience one fascinating destination, and then pass our unrivaled knowledge on to our customers.
We might be biased, but we think that on a Thomson safari, you'll experience Tanzania (and its spectacular wildlife viewing, diverse cultural offerings, and stunning natural beauty) better than with anyone else.
Your itinerary will be hand-crafted to your needs (and shaped by our experience), your interactions with Tanzania will be authentic, and you can feel confident that you’re traveling sustainably, ethically, and responsibly.
We put our focus and experience to work for you:
- Over 30 years of experience in Tanzania: We've worked around droughts and floods. We've handled delays and cancellations. After over three decades working in Tanzania, we are prepared for anything and have back-up plans for everything.
- Your guides are the best in the industry: We think a great guide is more than just a wildlife expert; he's a diplomat, a patient listener, a leader, and a caring friend. Learn more about your amazing guides here.
- A reliable safari vehicle is crucial: You've gone half way around the world to be on safari; you don’t want to waste a single second stuck in the mud or unable to cross the river. With Thomson, you'll ride in customized Land Rover Defenders and you’ll have nothing to worry about.
- Your accommodations can make (or break) your trip: You will be close to the wildlife and you'll be comfortable in environmentally-responsible accommodations. Our travel experts will do everything they can to find the accommodations that will make you feel at home in the bush.
- You’ll eat delicious, freshly-prepared meals: All your chefs are trained in Hygienic Food Preparation, and are well-versed in preparing meals for the western palate. On a Thomson safari, you can trust that all your meals will be safe, and even better, delicious!
- Don't take our word for it: check out our many industry awards & affiliations .